• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Emergency> dentist mouth hurts incredibly bad

rumbell

Greenlighter
I had all 4 wisdom teeth extracted. I don't know what to do. I"ve had surgery before and was prescribed codeine and it didn't work. I tried to tell my dentist but he said to just follow his directions. What should I do. I was given codeine and motrin.

I've had my wisdom teeth pulled too, and other oral surgeries. Take the medications and rest on an icepack...I got hydrocodone and that helped quite a bit, but if your dentist isn't going to prescribe you anything stronger than codeine, an ice pack and trying to sleep through it is your best chance.

I had the first 4 days like pure hell after my wisdom teeth operation. I lost a little piece of my jaw too in the operation. I got antibiotics, codeine/asap, few icepacks and ibuprofein. Icewater was something i found useful for me and a lots of ibuprofein.

Codine and Ibuprofein mixed seemed to stand on it when I had teeth problems.

Yep, ibuprofen and codeine is your best bet. Paracetamol/acetaminophen is known to potentiate ibuprofen's effects so if you don't have any liver problems and/or aren't an alcoholic (apap is metabolised by the liver so you don't want to add any extra strain to it if you have liver issues), maybe take 600mg ibuprofen and 1,000mg apap/paracetamol, along with the codeine, IF the pain is unbearable.

But rumbell, you may be surprised how well the ibuprofen and codeine work for your wisdom teeth pain. Just try that and see how you feel. Use the icepack method as well, as purple_cloud suggested, and try to relax. The pain will subside in a few days so hang in there man <3